Welcome to The Comprehensive Guide of The Mother. The movie came to the cinemas on May 12, 2023. Movie stars Jennifer Lopez, Joseph Fiennes, Lucy Paez, Omari Hardwick, Paul Raci, and Gael García Bernal. The genre of The Mother is action and thriller. It is about a former US Army operative who made two enemies along the way who seek revenge.
Actors Starring in The Mother
- The Mother: Jennifer Lopez plays the character of Mother. The main character does not have a name which is funny because that is one way for the audience to connect. She protects her daughter from her two enemies who want revenge.
- William Cruise: Omari Hardwick plays this character. William, an FBI agent, was responsible for collaborating with the mother in finding her daughter. He is a by-the-book agent who initially has doubts about the mother but quickly learns to appreciate her qualities and skills.
- Zoe: The daughter is played by Lucy Paez. She is afraid and defenseless. Paez portrays Zoe admirably, bringing a lot of emotion to the part.
- Jons: Paul Raci plays this character and helps the mother during her journey of defending the daughter.
- Hector: Gael Garcia plays the character of leading a gang that deals weapons. He tries to kidnap Zoe and kill the mother.
- Adrian: Joseph plays the character who was ex-army and makes a deal with Hector. He also wants to kill the mother.
Direction of The Mother
Niki Caro, a native of New Zealand who has worked on films like Whale Rider (2002), North Country (2005), and The Zookeeper’s Wife (2017), directed The Mother. The film’s use of photography, editing, and music, Caro’s direction is clear. The cinematography is frequently breathtaking, with lovely panoramas of Seattle and the Alaskan countryside. The film’s dynamic editing keeps the audience interested the entire time. The music is skillfully employed to evoke mood and feeling.
Ratings of The Mother
- Rotten Tomatoes: Based on 152 reviews, the movie has a 63% approval rating, with an overall rating of 6.2/10.
- Based on the reviews of 37 critics, the movie had a weighted average score of 57 out of 100 on Metacritic, which indicates “mixed or average reviews.”
- IMDb: Over 13,000 user reviews have given the movie a 6.7/10 grade.
- Letterboxd: Based on more than 2,000 user reviews, the movie gets a 3.8/5 rating on Letterboxd.
The ratings show that the movie is not a blockbuster. The audience could not connect with the characters as they were not developed well. An emotional connection is a must between the movie, the characters, and the audience.
Former US army operative The Mother is compelled to emerge from hiding in order to save her adolescent daughter Zoe (Lucy Paez), who has been abducted by criminals. In order to find Zoe, she partners up with FBI agent William, but they quickly learn that they are up against a brutal and clever opponent.
She is a deadly shooter and an excellent fighter, but she is also a devoted mother who will stop at nothing to keep her child safe. She will stop at nothing to find Zoe and return her to her family in safety.
Her search for Zoe and her captors is depicted in the movie. She must confront her own problems and the past she has been avoiding along the road.
A well-made action thriller called The Mother features some stunning action scenes and a standout performance from Jennifer Lopez. The movie is rather graphic and violent, though, so it might not be appropriate for all audiences.
The characters in the movie are not very well-developed, and the plot is predictable. Fans of the genre should watch The Mother because it’s an adequate action thriller. A movie that you can watch with your family and enjoy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE